July 30, 2010

Anne Rice


You know her for her vampire novels, right? But do you know her as the mother of a prominent gay novelist, Christopher Rice? Yes, he's written a few stunning novels himself. Well, a few years back Anne vowed to devote her writing to the celebration of Christ. Not religion, so to speak, but faith. She's changed her mind. I guess there's too much bullshit in the Catholic church for her to keep attending and making her donation. Here's what she said on Facebook:

"For those who care, and I understand if you don't: Today I quit being a Christian. I'm out. I remain committed to Christ as always but not to being 'Christian' or to being part of Christianity. It's simply impossible for me to 'belong' to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten years, I've tried. I've failed. I'm an outsider. My conscience will allow nothing else."

Also this:

"As I said below, I quit being a Christian. I'm out. In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to be anti-life. In the name of Christ, I quit Christianity and being Christian. Amen."

Preach, girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment