August 27, 2010

Ken Mehlman is G-A-Y Gay


Here’s how he explained himself.
“It’s taken me 43 years to get comfortable with this part of my life …I can’t change the fact that I wasn’t in this place personally when I was in politics, and I genuinely regret that. It was very hard, personally.”

He said he “really wished” he had come to terms with his sexual orientation earlier, “so I could have worked against [the Federal Marriage Amendment and] reached out to the gay community in the way I reached out to African Americans.”

No kidding. Although the man deserves praise for finally emerging from the closet, the problem is what he did while still inside. As RNC head, he led his party’s attack on same-sex marriage and adoption rights for gays and lesbians. Twenty-one states passed anti-gay marriage laws during his tenure.

The Atlantic broke the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment