April 13, 2011

Kobe Bryant Got Heated At A Ref And Called Him A Gay Slur


NBA Commissioner David Stern issued this statement:

“Kobe Bryant’s comment during last night’s game was offensive and inexcusable. While I’m fully aware that basketball is an emotional game, such a distasteful term should never be tolerated. Accordingly, I have fined Kobe $100,000. Kobe and everyone associated with the NBA know that insensitive or derogatory comments are not acceptable and have no place in our game or society.”

From the Times, a little context:

"Bryant walked to the bench, sat down and threw a towel on the ground before directing the epithet at Adams in an incident that was captured by television cameras.

As criticism grew on Wednesday, Bryant released a statement: “What I said last night should not be taken literally. My actions were out of frustration during the heat of the game, period. The words expressed do NOT reflect my feelings towards the gay and lesbian communities and were NOT meant to offend anyone.”"

To be clear, he called the ref a fucking faggot, basically. That's what no one will say in any of the stories I've read.

No comments:

Post a Comment