May 3, 2011

Inspiring And Heart-Wrenching Coming-Out Story On Outsports



The full text is HERE. But here are the first two paragraphs:

"As I start walking towards my coach’s office, it hits me that this is a huge turning point in my life. A little over a year ago, I didn’t think I would ever have the courage to tell anyone I was gay. Now, my coach was the last person I had to tell before I could consider myself an openly gay athlete.

I was nervous, but a good nervous. I embraced the feeling and felt excited at the same time. The walk felt extremely short because I was so occupied with what I was going to say. I went through multiple scenarios in my head trying to prepare myself; I wanted to be ready for any reaction he might have. When I got to his office, I forgot to be nervous. I walked in and felt really confident. When I told him, I felt really empowered. It felt good to know I was confident enough to tell him. I was proud of myself. After I told him, he had no problems. We exchanged a few jokes and talked about it for a few minutes. I told him that I wanted to write a coming out article and he was fully supportive. I started writing the very next day..." - Brandon Stoneham

No comments:

Post a Comment