August 2, 2011

Christopher Lockwood And John Boone Fell In Love On A Train


“We had seen each other on and off of that train, typically on a Friday night, for like two or three years,” Mr. Boone said. “I thought, Here is this same guy that I’m looking at for the past three years, why don’t I just go and say hello to him?”

During the ride upstate, they exchanged their parents’ home phone numbers to meet that Sunday night for the return train back to New York.

“I could see he was a sweet, cute, adorable guy who was very kind,” Mr. Boone said.

While still aboard the train heading back to New York, they made dinner plans — for that same evening.

“We went back to his place and had pizza and a couple of beers, and I never left,” Mr. Boone said with a laugh.

Of a romance that got its spark on the rail, Mr. Lockwood said: “It changed my life in many ways. He brought out my qualities of life and love and broadened my perspective of family. We started a romance that lasted 25 years, and we are still very much in love with each other.”

Full NYTimes text here.

No comments:

Post a Comment